Building a community of God’s people to love and to serve
As a community church in Harrogate we aim to serve and support the local community. Through our social action initiatives, Sunday services, midweek activities for all ages, pastoral visits and general church life we want to be a source of encouragement, support and spiritual insight as we love and serve our local community.
For those who are exploring questions of faith we offer safe environments to look into the truths of the Christianity through Alpha courses and help people on their spiritual journey.
Our hope is that wherever you are on your faith journey you will find a place that enables you to grow, serve, be inspired and encouraged.
You are very welcome to join us and to be part of this thriving local church.
Statement of faith
We believe in
- the divine inspiration of the Bible as the Word of God as the final authority for all matters regarding faith and conduct
- the oneness and sovereignty of the Godhead and the divine co-equality of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- the virgin conception of the Lord Jesus Christ; his perfect life and obedience to the Father, his substitutionary death on the cross, his bodily resurrection and his present intercessions at the Father's right hand
- the ministry of the Holy Spirit in conversion, sanctification, and in all worship and witness, and justification by faith in the person and work of the Lord Jesus Christ
- the dignity and worth of all men and women as made in the image of God
- the fall of all people into sin, and the necessity of the new birth for salvation
- the future resurrection of the body, the eternal life of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the unsaved
- the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ
- the church as a body of people who have been called by the Father, redeemed by the Son, and regenerated by the Holy Spirit
- baptism as an outward physical sign of spiritual union with Christ by the Holy Spirit
- and the Lord's Supper as a symbol of the life and death of Christ for our salvation.
We seek to honour and bring glory to God in all that we do through the teaching of God’s Word, the moving of his Spirit, and prayer.
We endorse the applied teaching of God’s Word to equip us to know the saving grace of God.
We value the presence, fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit as God enables us to live out the Kingdom in our daily lives, holding the Word and the Spirit together in equal importance.
We value prayer as a lifeline in communing with God, hearing his voice and submitting to his ways.
We are inclusive of differing cultures and theological backgrounds, encouraging all people to develop in their spiritual character, calling and gifting.
We are a caring church, reaching out to those in need within our community, working with other churches to serve our town.
We promote authentic Spirit-led worship in a way that is intimate, dynamic, reflective and life-changing.
We promote team leadership across the church community, encouraging co-operation, transparency, accountability and responsibility.
We encourage small fellowship groups as nurturing environments and vital for strong foundations as we interact and we strive to speak the truth in love, practicing grace and encouraging one another to grow in faith.
Our children and young people are cherished as being a full part of our church community. We are committed to finding fresh ways to ‘be church’ together with them.
We encourage voluntary service to the poor, the weak and the vulnerable in the name of Jesus as we strive to be a welcoming, hospitable and serving community which avoids judgment while showing the unconditional love and truth of Jesus to transform lives.
We proactively connect with other churches and are committed to unity and to helping the suffering church around the world; we endorse local evangelism, global mission and the supporting of Kingdom work internationally across cultural and geographical boundaries.
Finally, it is our desire to equip and empower each other to invest time, energy and resources across our various communities.